We are delighted to announce that we will be running the Junior Section with a team of very capable volunteers, headed by Stacey Mitchell, as Junior Girls Coordinator. This is a positive move and the team are currently setting aims and objectives centered around ensuring all girl golfers have fun!
Stacey has an excellent track record for the promotion of junior girls golf and is The Golf Foundation’s Regional Development Officer and Girls Lead Officer for Lincolnshire. She is perfectly suited to attract and retain junior girls into golf. Her enthusiasm and encouragement will help drive forward junior golf and ensure that Lincolnshire becomes one of the top counties for junior girls. More details of the different roles within the Junior Section team will be posted very soon.
The LWGA welcome this very dedicated team and give them our full support
Stacey Mitchell - Junior Girls Coordinator
To retain, nurture and develop girl golfers of all ages and abilities within a pathway that strives for excellence.
1. Provide a pathway for girls from grassroots through to elite and national level
2. Provide playing, competitive and leadership opportunities at all levels
3. Offer a fun, inclusive and welcoming environment where girl golfers are encouraged to participate and build friendships that last a lifetime
4. Nurture individual talent as part of a team environment
5. Increase the number of girl golfers by improving communication, promotion and engagement