LINCOLNSHIRE WOMEN'S GOLF ASSOCIATION
HANDICAP LEAGUE RULES 2021
1. Four ball matches only.
2. Eight players in each team, all players must have a WHS handicap.
3. All matches to start from the first tee and to be played over 18 holes. Matches to be played to a natural conclusion i.e. 3&2 etc.
4. In each Division teams will play both home and away matches within the year. The home team will offer a minimum of 3 dates for every match to include both weekday and weekend dates.
5. To be played off a maximum Handicap Index of 20.4 Any player over Handicap Index 20.4 must play off Handicap Index 20.4.
6. A Captain must play the lowest handicap team available at the time of team selection. The teams must play in Course Handicap order, selected by Handicap Index. In the event of several players having the same Course Handicap, exact Handicap Index are to be used to differentiate players. If two or more players have the same exact Handicap Index, then it is the captain’s choice of who plays in the team and which order they play in.
7. Matches to be played with 90% of the Course Handicap of each player (then take the full difference between those, against the lowest player), for example
Player 1 course handicap 15/PH 14
Player 2 course handicap 21/PH 19 gets 5 shots
Player 3 course handicap 25/PH 23 gets 9 shots
Player 4 course handicap 29/PH 26 gets 12 shots
8. At the beginning of each season any member belonging to more than one affiliated club may play for either club in the scratch or handicap league, but she must stay with that club for the year in that particular league.
9. Clubs entering two or more teams:
(a) The teams shall be designated A, B, C. On the date of selection, clubs must refer to the current handicap list of players ranked in order of their Handicap Index.
Subject to (b) below:
Players ranked 1-8 can only be considered for the A team.
Players ranked 9-16 can only be considered for the A or B team.
Players ranked 17 onwards can be considered for any team.
(b) A player having played for the A team 3 times, may not play for any other team in the Lincolnshire Women’s Handicap Leagues in the same year. A player having played for the B team 3 times, may not play in the C team in the same year. In the case of a dispute, the County League Secretary may request a Master Handicap list for the relevant date. It is therefore essential that Captains retain a copy of the list showing the Handicap Index of the team played on the relevant day.
10. If, on the day, a team cannot field 8 players, players are missing or late they must still play in handicap order, as in Rule 6 above, moving down the order of play until the missing player arrives. The game in which the player is missing plays last against original opponents, if necessary one player playing two players. However if a missing player arrives after her team member has teed off she can join in the match at the next or subsequent hole. If both players have still not arrived 10 mins after the rest of the team have teed off then the game is deemed forfeit and will be entered on the score sheet as a 10/8 loss. This also applies if a player or pair is disqualified. Rule 22.2 applies.
11. Home Club (the Captain) to be responsible for sending the results.
12. Points will be awarded for each match as follows: 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw. In a conceded match winners will receive 2 points, the loser 0 points. No count back of games or holes from the conceded match. In a conceded game the winners will be awarded the conceded remaining holes.
13. Matches to be played between 29th March and 3rd September 2021. In the event of an arranged match being called off prior to play starting the teams should rearrange the date. If after three attempts have failed because of inclement weather or repeated course closure, the two team captains may ask for the match to be halved and one point awarded to each team. This will be at the discretion of the County League Secretary. In the event of a match being halted once started due to inclement weather and the course being closed, teams should attempt to re-arrange as above.
14. The Divisional Winners will be determined by the team with the most points. In the event of a tie on points the winner will be determined in order by:- a) Individual games won b) Holes won c) League Committee
15. The winning club of Division 1 North will play the winning club of Division 1 South on a neutral course for the title Lincolnshire Women’s League champions. A club must field their lowest Handicap Index eight players available on the day (subject to Rule 9 above) In the event of a tie, the first pair of each team will play a sudden death playoff from the first hole to determine the winner. Strokes will be applicable. Clubs must not ask for the courtesy of the course hosting the final.
16. Players must walk at all times during league matches unless permitted to use a golf buggy by the League Secretary. Permission will be given to those players having a current medical condition on the day of the relevant match, who have given prior notification to the League Secretary and the opposing team Captain/Representative. The Association will take each player on trust and will not enquire into the nature of any said medical condition, nor will it require evidence by way of a medical certificate as proof of such a condition. The buggy shall be for the use of the player and her equipment. Hiring of the buggy shall be the sole responsibility of the player. Players are expected to familiarise themselves with the Health and Safety policies of the host club in so far as it relates to ride on buggies.
17. Distance Measuring Devices may now be used in County League matches.
18. Any club wishing to enter or withdraw from the league for the following year must do so IN WRITING BY 31ST JULY.
19. The League Sub Committee shall consist of the County Captain, County Vice Captain, Immediate Past Captain, League Secretary, Secretary (ex officio) and Representatives from each of the County Divisions currently serving on the Executive Committee.